Wednesday, August 27, 2008

All Points West Festival: Day 2

I just wanted to touch on the festival as a whole. August 8-10 saw the debut of the first NYC area festival, The All Points West Festival. Tickets for each date sold for 89.00, and totaled $106.50 after the imposed ticketbastard fees. Weighing the line-up for all three dates, we opted for Saturday's show. Besides Radiohead, the lineup for this three-day festival wasn't the greatest [Kings of Leon and Underworld were the only ones I was wholly interested in seeing] but kudos to the organizers for landing Radiohead for the festival's debut. Performers impressively kept to the schedule, the overall energy was pretty vibrant, and the location [minus the annoying commute] was actually quite beautiful.

Pros: Bands were professional and enthusiastic, The sound was pretty decent, Art installations were quite interesting...some were not, Encouraged concertgoers to recycle by offering prizes each time trash was put in the proper receptacles.

Cons: Tickets were not scanned [anyone could have found a way to sneak in with reprinted tix], Not enough bathrooms, beer situation [drinkers were limited to 5 beers and could not take drinks out of drinking tents.]


Overall I really enjoyed myself, more than I anticipated being that it was my first festival. Good job APW, I give you an A- for effort on your debut. I'm hoping these issues get resolved for next year and that the line-up will blow this year's out of the water.











«More Pictures From the All Points West Festival 8/9»

No comments: