Thursday, December 18, 2008

Morrissey will get Intimate with New York in 2009

On my way to CSS last night, I got blasted with texts that Morrissey announced his exhaustive 2009 Tour dates. But shock and excitement truly struck once I realized those shows would be at Bowery Ballroom and Webster Hall!

I must admit that Morrissey got a bit overzealous last year booking a 5-night residency at Hammerstein Ballroom, but it worked out to the advantage of many fans when the ticket prices dropped to $20 after sales slagged. Being my first (two) times seeing Moz live, I was pleased to see that he's still got it all: the voice, the charm and the stage presence.

Morrissey's new album, Years of Refusal is due for release on Feburary 16th in the UK and February 17th in the US via Lost Highway Records. The first single will be I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, a song he debuted during the 2007 tour.

And once again, those Smith's reunion rumors are thankfully false.

Morrissey's 2009 London and NYC Tour Dates:
March 21 2009 Bowery Ballroom, NY
March 25 2009 Webster Hall, NY
May 26 2009 Mile End Troxy Ballroom, London
May 28 2009 Brixton 02 Academy, London
May 29 2009 Brixton O2 Academy, London
May 30 2009 Brixton O2 Academy, London
MP3: Morrissey - First of the Gang to Die or zShare

No comments: