Check the gorgeous Bat for Lashes feature Dazed Magazine put together for their online counterpart, DazedDigital . They spoke to Natasha Khan last September in LA about her new album which was inspired by time spent in the Joshua Tree National Park desert.
The stunning pictures and interesting interview can be enjoyed HERE. I personally cannot wait to hear the new record, Two Suns, and to see her on tour this spring. Here is an excerpt from the interview:
How important is your image to you?
With this shoot, it was lovely to push boundaries in terms of what you’re wearing, or body-painting… just being free and childlike. I like to do that in a fashion context, because in the fashion world there’s a lot of airbrushing bullshit and people starving themselves. I mean, I’m a skinny bean but that’s not purposefully – I like my food. For girls, young women, and men, for everybody, I just want to be like I can feel confident, and beautiful, and powerful, but I don’t have to conform to other people’s expectations. And I would like to push it even further, really.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Bat For Lashes Gets Dazed
Labels:
bat for lashes,
internet,
interview
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment