Although I usually disagree with the skewed and out-of-touch American music award ceremonies that award the same artists every year, I got really excited for M.I.A.'s Record of the Year Grammy nomination for Paper Planes! Actually I was quite impressed by the nominees announced toward the end of 2008, check out the full list of nominees HERE.
But it doesn't end there. The pregnant M.I.A., who is due on February 8th, 2009 - the night of the Grammys, has also been nominated for an Oscar for her work on the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack! The film was one of our favorites of 2008 racking up much-deserved nominations and wins at every turn, we've got our fingers crossed for these.
The 3 music nominations are for Best Score and Best Song: M.I.A. and A.R. Rahman's O...Saya, and Jai Ho performed by A.R. Rahman. It would be amazing to see O...Saya peformed live at the ceremony on February 22, although she is ready to go into labor at any moment it hasn't stopped her before.
In a statement, M.I.A. said this of the prestigious nomination: "This is a great honor. Thank you to all the people who are supporting us and the making of a real story of a 'Slumdog Millionaire.' Maybe I can afford to book Dave Chappelle at the baby shower now. Thank you again; my mum wants everyone to know what wonderful news this is for her."
Saturday, January 24, 2009
M.I.A. Gets an Oscar Nomination!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment