Saturday, February 7, 2009

Little Boots Gets Magical at Studio B

Last night Greenpoint was bestowed the honor of having one of the most buzzed about artists, Little Boots, take the stage at Studio B. TLC interviewed Little Boots before sound check (stay tuned!) at which point she was distraught about the technical difficulties encountered with her Tenori-On. Unfortunately she was unable to get a hold of a new cable in time, but the show must go on!

The highly anticipated show got a late start at about 1 AM as Little Boots aka Victoria Hasketh stepped on stage in a gorgeous sheer hooded black dress. During the amazing 7-song set, Victoria debuted 2 new songs and bowed out after a stellar rendition of Stuck on Repeat. Beautiful, transient and brief, Little Boots left us all pleading for more even without the Tenori-on.

MP3: Little Boots - Time to Pretend (MGMT Tenori-On Cover) or zShare

«More of Little Boots at Studio B...»









9 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I will admit I have never been a fan of Little Boots, I think her cover of MGMT song plumbs the depths
of poor covers. This is reminiscent of spoken poetry night at the local coffee shop...(did she really snap her fingers to keep time?!?)...
and with the coconut shells clapping together in back she could of almost broken into Tex Ritter's "Mule Train"
as a follow-up. Least she wore a see-thru dress. hope the rest of the show wasn't as bad as this sounds.

Kevin said...

Contrary to Mo Voodoo's opinion, I think they did a pretty good job considering the fact that it's MGMT(!) and that no one else even tried. The softer tones add a new characteristic to the song that makes it seem a little more "mystical", for lack of a better word. I'ts not my favorite, mainly because it's low quality but I do like the song.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great pics and an awesome show.

Anonymous said...

to Mo Voodoo:

ur comment hints at a little misogyny which i don't really care for...

...but mostly u just sound like a prick.

iaxe393 said...

mo is a no go
and clearly not a fan
this cover is my favorite of the you tube covers- pure and simple
I LOVED DEAD DISCO and altho little boots is a good deal diff you cant help but be captivated
SHE will suffer due to the hype
but it is a tiny price for this tiny treasure!!

Anonymous said...

That cover is a flaming hunk of turd. Seriously. What a joke.

Jimmy TRUELOVE said...

Is this a joke?

I've loved the production on stuck on repeat, but she really should stick to auto tune.

This is absolutely appalling, nothing short of terrible.

How can anyone that knows anything about music tell me this is any good? It's shameful the way people jump on the bandwagon with these artists.

She releases one great track, and all of a sudden she has the voice of an angel.

I think not Miss Boots, stick to electro.

anon said...

FYI: This is from the youtube sessions, it wasn't actually a studio recording.

Anonymous said...

The fact that she can't sing live speaks volumes.