I'm so happy that Becky posted about the Courteeners' Live Lounge appearance. Make sure to visit the link soon as the vid of their performance (which includes a lovely acoustic version of About You Now by the Sugababes) will expire on the 14th! The band's album release this week was met with reactions both scathing and praising. Just because the NME hype machine loves them, doesn't mean they're terrible. They are a straight up Brit rock band with a definite Manchester sound and appeal. I remember first hearing about them on Zane Lowe's show when first single, Acrylic, was released. The kids in Manchester are absolutely MAD FOR THE COURTEENERS! The footage from their JD Set episode made me want to take the train to Manchester immediately to thrash around with the kids.
and yes, I will back Becky up on the fact that they're not too bad on the eyes.
Liam? Manchester? coincidence?
oh! and I'd also like to mention that The Wombats are also going to be featured on this week's Sound. If it's anything like their last hilarious appearance, it's definitely worth watching.
Should I go see Reverend and The Makers at Southpaw on the 22nd? I'm kind of torn but thinking it's probably a good idea to check it out since the tix are cheap and still available.
We Are Scientists were shooting their Wild West themed video for new single, Chick Lit, in Ireland of all places. Can't wait to see the final product, especially if it's anything like the rest of their hysterical videos.
See more photos from the shoot here.
Looks like we're gonna have to wait until May 13th, for Brain Thrust Mastery to come out in the States.
Some fun weekend reading:
NY Times
Arts / Music
Concert Industry Is Banking on a Festive Summer
By JEFF
Published: April 11, 2008
As music festivals continue to pack box office punch in a slumping economy, promoters are straining to book diverse shows in whatever open space is available.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Courteeners cover Sugababes, The Rev comes to Brooklyn, Scientists in the Wild West plus today's links
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment