I caught the new iPod ad in full today and thought the song sounded really familiar. Upon further investigation I discovered that the song was indeed The Ting Tings' Shut Up & Let Me Go. Perfect song for this campaign and great exposure for them. You can't miss the ad...it's on at least once every commercial break.
The Ting Tings are a really fun indie-electro duo from Manchester. Their tunes have been tearing up the dancefloors across the UK for a while and are now looking to bring their brand of poppy dance punk to the US. Caught them at Union Hall last month and really looking forward to their show at Southpaw on June 20th (tix are cheap and still available). Check out tunes from their upcoming album, We Started Nothing, on their myspace page.



Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Ting Tings song on new iPod commercial
Labels:
concerts,
gig coverage,
ipod commercial,
NYC,
Ting Tings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Can I just make a terrible boast that I was speakig to the lead singer about that backstage on Monday hah they were very happy about it!
dude i love that song. maybe i should go with you to the show.
ps. i fucking love the ting tings!! great sound they have
Post a Comment