Thursday, May 1, 2008

They’re just a rascal(s)

Oh my god! Just came back from Liverpool and it was fucking unbelievable. First hand I stayed in the most beautiful hotel I have ever been too, secondly it got a bit hot and sweaty!
Tuesday night – Fratellis, Ting Tings and Alphabeat, great bands and great shows but as bands individually they kept themselves to themselves – so backstage antics wasn’t much fun - I always knew the next night would be a lot more fun…and it was!

Wednesday was the Metros, The Rascals and Pigeon Detectives!! First hand I was working with MTV talent who were some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. The MTV crew have launched a game called Rockstar which is basically like guitar heroes but with actual real-life looking guitars – the game was set up backstage and the idea was to get the bands to play, whilst being filmed. The Metros/Rascals were more than up for it!! After sound-check me and the MTV girls were playing the game (I was smashing it at Nirvana’s In Bloom by the way) and all
the boys were egging me on haha! That made me feel good….

The Rascals and The Metros played and they got really high scores. The gig itself was amazing I didn’t realise how great the Rascals were! The Metros, goes without saying really. Afterwards Miles Kane invited me back to the bar/hotel were I sang beatles covers, drank loads of corona and talked random shite because I was drunk.

Afterwards I got speaking to the lead singer from The Metros and we talked about East Dulwich for ages! How he used always goes to the EDT and he got sacked from the bishop in under 30 minutes!

I feel proper rock n roll now and buzzing because Liverpool is such a great – back to normal life haha!

Shola xx

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jess D. said...

ah so jealous! ah the rascals and the metros! music is exciting againnnnn