I saw TV on the Radio for free at McCarren Park Pool last year. That was the show where Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson (I really wish that name was shorter) opened and his mic was completely non-functional. Anyway, luckily when I arrived at the show the pool I got a great spot because the venue was totally empty due to the rain.
TVOTR was total high energy and played a really great set list that night but unfortunately I cannot say the same for Tuesday's show at the Brooklyn Masonic Temple, day #1 of their 3 day residency at the venue. I really felt that they should have mixed up more familiar tracks from their catalog rather than focusing so much on the new material (I'll admit I haven't heard the entire album yet.)
Additionally, the sound at the Brooklyn Masonic Temple was unbearable. 3/4 through the show I decided to retreat to the far back to save my ears from bleeding. The sound was just so terrible that I stopped enjoying as much as I wished. They sounded great but the screeching decibel levels were definitely an issue for me. I really hope they realized this after day #1 and made some changes for the following 2 dates. The openers The Dirtbomb were decent but not my cup of tea.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
TV On The Radio: Day 1 of The Brooklyn Masonic Temple
Labels:
brooklyn,
concerts,
gig coverage,
NYC,
the dirtbombs,
tv on the radio
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















1 comment:
The new album is phenomenal, i mean one of the best records i've heard in ages
Post a Comment